Andy goes H.A.M. on his remix of Lethal Bizzle’s powerhouse grime track “Pow 2011.” The remix maintains the heaviness of Bizzle’s original cut but with the slick synth burbles and layered percussive complexity that’s coming to define Petr’s sound. Andy’s released an EP and two new tracks in under a month, and with that is starting to gain a reputation as not only one of the youngest producers out right now, but also one of the most prolific. It’s hard to keep up; kid is ridiculous! This track is available for free download at Andy Petr’s Soundcloud.
We’ve been waiting for a release date on this one for time, and finally we have it: 12th September is Bax time. The two-track release on Glasgow label, Numbers, runs on an infectious throwback garage sound, with chopped vocals and huge basslines. This is lip-biting production from Mosca, as usual, get it when it drops next month.
In Cajun cuisine, Nola Gumbo is an intense stewed mix of meat (or seafood), okra, celery, onions and peppers, bound to blow your head off. New Orleans Bounce team, The Bouncespot, have decided to do their very own hotpot of Louisiana music: mixing 4 original bounce tracks from Gotty Boi Chris with international remix talents Schlachthofbronx, Emynd, Top Billin, Nick Catchdubs and DJ Yoda, to name but a few. Bouillabass!
MTV Iggy’s Jesse Serwer caught up with Dre to ask him “how a quiet, shy, white guy with no connections ended up working with dancehall’s most notorious star?” Good question, right?
Whilst 3 6 Mafia earn that reality TV show money, the first female member of the Group quietly released a Trap-a-Holics mixtape. To be honest i have no idea if she did it quietly but the fact that it took me over a month to find out that she had released a tape in this internet era is a miracle. The mixtape is surprisingly very good, whilst her female counterparts wonder how they can succeed in a post Minaj world Lady Boo goes with her trapper rapper gimick. Backed up by a thumping aggressive southern hip hop background, she asserts herself as a force to be reckoned with. The highlight of the tape is her going over Trae’s trunk music class Swang.
This month’s chart comes from another Mixpak young gun, Cory Blaine:
1. Homework – Hold Me Tight (Phil Weeks Remix) [Exploited]
2. Betamax – Just For You [Robsoul]
3. Giano – 20 fingers (Cory Blaine Edit) [CDR]
4. Olene Kadar – Baby Keep It Up (Ian Pooley Remix) [Lo Rise]
5. Harry Knuckles – High Life (1200 Warriors Durty Mix) [Jump Recordings]
6. Dj Sneak – I Dropped My Glow Stick (Jason Hodges Sticky Dub) [Magnetic]
7. Craig David & Artful Dodger – Something [CDR]
8. J Caprice – Cant Shake This Feeling [Hard]
9. Tom Drummond – The Funk Formula (Hector Moralez Remix) [Lingo]
10. 1200 warriors – Lost Without You [1200 Traxx]com> wrote: