Last time he was in Kingston, Dre Skull linked up with The FADER to talk a little bit about his path to becoming a dancehall producer, and his respect for Jamaican music culture. In the clip he spends some time at the soundsystems and at the beach, and meets up with Popcaan and Chi Ching Ching in the studio to record.
Popcaan is headed to Europe this Summer for a 12-city run. Check the dates above, or on the Events page, and don’t miss your chance to see the man live!
Popcaan’s “Where We Come From” graced the best of 2014 lists of many of our favorite publications, and we wanted to take this opportunity to share the good news and express our gratitude to everyone who has supported Popcaan this year. Thanks for listening, we’ll see you in the new year!
- Best Songs of 2014 – “Waiting So Long” – Complex
- Best Album Covers of 2014 – Complex
- Best Albums of 2014 - Complex
- Favorite Albums of 2014 - NPR
- Best Albums of 2014 - Fact
- Best Tracks of 2014 – “Everything Nice” - Fact
- Best Tracks of 2014 – “Everything Nice” - FADER
- Cool People’s Picks of 2014 - FADER
- Best Caribbean Albums of 2014 - Large Up
- Best Reggae, Dancehall & Soca of 2014 – The Guardian (UK)
- Top 100 Songs of 2014 – “Everything Nice” – Dazed & Confused
This past Wednesday, Popcaan gave a special performance of his album in Kingston, Jamaica. Expect more video & photos soon, but for a little taste and to see the guests he brought out (including Sizzla, Beenie Man, Lady Saw, Lisa Hyper and more) check the selection below and see some more here.